Accurate, Comfortable, and Pain-free Laser Dentistry
Dr. Michael Molnar uses the latest dental technology to help you achieve a healthy, beautiful smile with accurate care and minimal discomfort. As part of his commitment to advanced techniques, he proudly offers a range of laser dentistry procedures at his Tarrytown, NY, practice. Using the advanced Biolase® Waterlase laser, he can perform gum contouring, periodontal treatment, tooth reshaping, and more. In addition, Dr. Molnar can use DIAGNOdent laser cavity detection to diagnose dental decay in early stages.
Laser dental treatments involve negligible recovery time because the laser will seal your blood vessels during treatment.
Our Innovative Technology
BioLase® Waterlase is an innovative tool, which uses laser energy to remove gum tissue or to reshape teeth. At the same time, high-power streams of water and air will moisturize and soothe the surrounding tissue.
DIAGNOdent laser cavity detection will measure the base levels of fluorescence in your teeth. Dr. Molnar can then analyze your other teeth against this initial reading. High levels of fluorescence will typically indicate the presence of a cavity. With early detection, he can provide swift, more effective restorative care.
Applications for Lasers
Dr. Molnar can use the Waterlase® laser to perform a broad range of treatments. Among others, these procedures include:
- Gum contouring: If you have a crooked or irregular gum line, Dr. Molnar can remove small amounts of tissue with the laser. As he works, he will sculpt your gums to create a larger, more even framework for your teeth.
- Periodontal treatments: Dr. Molnar also provides comprehensive treatment for gum disease. The Waterlase® laser can sterilize your gums and remove unhealthy tissue.
- Frenectomy: A frenum is a small piece of tissue, either located between your upper lip and gums or under your tongue. If a frenum is too large or tight, it can cause aesthetic problems or speech impediments. During a frenectomy, Dr. Molnar will remove the excess tissues.
- Crown and veneer placement: Before attaching dental restorations, Dr. Molnar will need to prepare your teeth and make room for the porcelain. Lasers will enable him to remove very small, conservative amounts of dental tissue.
- Crown lengthening: If you have a tooth that has broken off near or below your gum line, Dr. Molnar may remove some tissue to expose your tooth. This process allows more successful treatment with dental crowns.
- Cold sore treatment: Laser energy can sterilize tissue and speed the healing of cold sores.
- Treating dental decay: Your dentist can also use a laser to remove diseased tissue and prep your tooth for a filling or dental crown.
Benefits of Laser Dentistry
Dr. Molnar offers laser dentistry because of the many benefits of this advanced technology. Waterlase® treatments involve minimal discomfort. The stream of water will cool your gums and prevent unpleasant friction or noise. Laser procedures are also highly precise. Using a laser, Dr. Molnar can remove much smaller amounts of tissue than he could with manual techniques, and can achieve personalized cosmetic results. He can also minimize the impact to your gums and teeth. Additionally, soft tissue laser procedures involve negligible recovery time because the laser will seal your blood vessels during treatment. Consequently, you should experience very little post-treatment sensitivity and bleeding. In addition, the laser will sterilize your tissues during your procedure. Because of this, your treatment will pose a much lower risk of infection.
DIAGNOdent has its own unique set of advantages. The device can usually reveal decay in the earliest stages, long before your cavity is visible to the naked eye. As a result, Dr. Molnar can often diagnose cavities in the initial stages. Then he can treat decay using conservative fillings, rather than more extensive restorations.
Experience Advanced Care
With our advanced tools and treatment, we can provide precise, minimal-discomfort care. Contact our office today to schedule and appointment.