A Smile Makeover Can Renew Your Confidence
If you are looking to dramatically improve your smile, you have the option to combine a number of cosmetic dentistry procedures—including teeth whitening, porcelain veneers, and gum contouring, among others—during a comprehensive smile makeover. Dr. Michael Molnar in Tarrytown, NY, uses an artistic approach to smile design, which has led him to be named one of America’s Top Dentists by the National Consumer Advisory Board. If your confidence in your smile has wavered, Dr. Molnar can help you with a complete smile makeover.
What is a Smile Makeover?
Certain cosmetic issues, such as misshapen teeth, dental staining, and damaged teeth can negatively impact your confidence in your smile. A smile makeover can fix multiple cosmetic issues and have you smiling freely again. A smile makeover combines a number of cosmetic dentistry treatments into one treatment plan to rejuvenate your smile. Treatments can often be combined into as few as one or two appointments. This approach can expedite treatment and make it more affordable. Because each patient’s smile is unique, an individualized plan will be made to address your specific goals. With decades of experience, Dr. Molnar can devise an effective treatment plan by combining the right procedures to provide stunning results.
What Can I Expect Following My Smile Makeover?
Each treatment plan is tailored to meet the specific goals of the patient. Dr. Molnar will take into consideration your facial structure, skin tone, gum tissue, and a variety of other factors in recommending the appropriate combination of procedures. In the end, your smile makeover could leave you with a vibrant smile, having corrected a series of aesthetic flaws, possibly including:
- Dental staining or discoloration
- Cracked or chipped teeth
- Disproportionate or misshaped teeth
- Gapped or widely spaced teeth
- Crooked or misaligned teeth
Your Initial Consultation
The smile makeover process begins with a comprehensive consultation in which Dr. Molnar will begin developing a personalized treatment plan for you. He will determine your candidacy by reviewing a complete health history and conducting an oral exam. To understand your oral health condition in the most comprehensive way possible, he will also review x-rays of your teeth, gums, and jawbone using digital technology. At our dental practice, we are proud to offer the latest dental technology in order to better serve our patients. It is vitally important to clearly discuss your goals for treatment with Dr. Molnar. By understanding exactly what you hope to achieve, he will work with you to determine which treatments can help achieve your goals.
Dr. Molnar will take into consideration your facial structure, skin tone, gum tissue, and a variety of other factors in recommending the appropriate combination of procedures.
If you are suffering from any type of dental damage, these conditions must be addressed before your smile makeover can begin. This could include filling a cavity, root canal therapy, and deep cleaning for gum disease. Once any underlying issues have been addressed, the order of any cosmetic procedures can be discussed.
After determining the optimal treatment methods, Dr. Molnar will create a mock-up to show you how your smile will likely look following treatment. The mock-up can be crafted precisely to reflect the shape and color your teeth post-makeover. If, for any reason, you are unhappy with your mock-up, adjustments can made to your treatment plan at your request. Dr. Molnar will happily work with you until the proposed plan is just right. As soon as you are pleased with the proposed plan, we can schedule you for stage one of treatment.
Which Treatments Are Usually Combined in a Smile Makeover?
Because each case is unique, there is no shortage of possible combinations of procedures. However, commonly combined procedures include:
- Porcelain Veneers – A popular form of treatment, veneers are thin shells made of porcelain and are used to address a variety of conditions including severely discolored, misshapen, crooked, and gapped teeth.
- Teeth Whitening – Using powerful, yet safe whitening gel, patients can undergo a quick and gratifying in-office teeth whitening session to enhance their smile. Our in-office treatment provides dramatic results in less than an hour. We also provide take-home trays to help you maintain results.
- Dental Bonding – By applying tooth-colored composite resin to your teeth, dental bonding can affordably address stains, chips, cracks, and other aesthetic issues.
- Orthodontics – Dr. Molnar offers ClearCorrect Orthodontic Aligners as an in-office treatment for adults who do not want to wear traditional braces. These aligners can straighten crooked teeth using a series of clear, custom-made plastic trays.
- Dental Crowns – Crowns, or "caps" can be used to conceal intrinsic staining and discoloration as well as strengthen a cracked or weakened tooth.
- Dental Implants – Dental implants can support a variety of beautiful and natural looking restorations, such as an implant-supported crown or bridge.
- Laser Gum Contouring – Used to straighten a crooked or jagged gum line, laser gum contouring can also reduce excess gum tissue to enhance your smile.
Contact Us to Learn More
If you are dissatisfied with the way your smile looks, Dr. Molnar can help. To learn more about your smile makeover options or to schedule a consultation, visit us online or call (914) 631-0884 today.