Customized Full Mouth Reconstruction Treatments
Patients who suffer from complex oral health problems often require multiple treatments to restore health, function, and aesthetics. To meet the extensive needs of these patients, Dr. Michael Molnar offers customized full mouth reconstruction for at his Tarrytown, NY, dental practice. After assessing the state of your teeth and gums to determine which treatments you require, Dr. Molnar can completely rehabilitate your smile and restore your confidence.
Determining Candidacy for Full Mouth Reconstruction
Many neglect to visit the dentist for their recommended six-month checkups. Without treatment, decay and other dental diseases can only become worse, taking a significant toll not only on the appearance of your smile, but also your overall health.
A full mouth reconstruction is recommended for patients who require extensive dental work for multiple issues such as decay, damaged teeth, gum disease, and bite misalignment. Dr. Molnar has helped many satisfied patients to once again experience the benefits of a healthy, functional bite.
When you come in for your initial consultation with Dr. Molnar, he will use advanced dental technology to assess the health of your smile and determine which treatments you require. Dr. Molnar may take 3-D scans of your teeth and gums or use digital x-rays to gain an understanding of the full scope of your oral health needs. An intraoral camera will allow Dr. Molnar to take a closer look at the tissues of your mouth. This tool provides a detailed view of these tissues on a chairside video screen to help you better understand your treatment plan.
Combining Restorative Procedures
Since every patient's needs are different, no two full mouth reconstruction treatments are the same. Depending on your needs, a full mouth reconstruction could include:
- Tooth-Colored Fillings: After decay treatment, Dr. Molnar can place a tooth-colored filling to replace lost tissue without compromising the appearance of the tooth.
- Inlays & Onlays: If a cavity is too large to be restored with fillings, Dr. Molnar may recommend customized inlays or onlays, sometimes called partial crowns.
- Dental Crowns: Dr. Molnar provides custom dental crowns that encase and protect a damaged tooth while restoring a natural appearance.
- Dental Bridges: Dental bridges fill a gap in your smile, restoring function and aesthetics. They consist of one or more pontics (false teeth) supported either by adjacent dental crowns or dental implants.
- Dentures: Dentures replace a full arch of teeth and can allow you to smile, speak, and eat your favorite foods. Implant-supported dentures provide a level of functionality virtually identical to that of natural teeth.
- Porcelain Veneers: If an otherwise healthy tooth has small chips, cracks, or intrinsic stains, porcelain veneers can create an appearance of health and symmetry. These custom porcelain shells attach to the front surfaces of teeth to hide imperfections.
- Dental Implants: If you are missing teeth, these prosthetic tooth roots can be placed directly into the jawbone to provide the absolute best support for crowns, bridges, and dentures.
- Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Disorder Treatment: TMJ disorder is an inflammation of the jaw joints that often occurs as a result of an imbalanced bite. Dr. Molnar can actively address the issue with restorations designed to foster a balanced bite. He also takes care to make certain that all his treatments will not disrupt the balance of your bite.
Schedule Your Consultation
If the state of your smile seems hopeless, rest assured that Dr. Molnar can help you achieve the comfort and confidence you deserve. Call us at (914) 631-0884 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with Dr. Molnar.